Re: PPC64 Illegal Instruction

Hello Noah!

On 3/5/19 12:09 AM, Noah Wolfe wrote:
> I already wiped my ppc64 installation a few days ago in favor of the
> powerpc variant. On top of the applications not opening, I had a
> problem with Arctic Fox where no matter what I did, or what version I
> tried, it would crash every time it encountered a slightly heavy
> website (most websites) or tried to install an addon. So considering AF
> is one of the only fully functioning browsers to use at the moment
> (Epiphany has problems, and so does Midori, Firefox ESR won't even
> launch), I didn't have much of a choice.

The point is that if we want to improve the port, we actually need people
using it and report bugs. I wasn't aware of this particular issue with
x265, for example, as I am currently not running Debian ppc64 on a desktop
machine.

The more testing and the more bug reports we get, the more rough edges
can be smoothed out.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz