Re: [PPC64] Partman doesn't recognize our partitions

Adrian,

I also tried to boot the official powerpc64 initrd [1]. Unfortunately it doesn't boot.

Error message: init Not tainted 4.13.5

I modified and recreated your initrd.img today.

1. I unzipped the Debian 8 initrd.gz (gunzip initrd.gz)
2. I unzipped your initrd.gz
3. I extracted the files from the initrds with cpio (cpio -id < ../initrd)
4. I replaced bin/hw-detect and after that I packed the files back to the cpio ‘newc’ format. (find . | cpio --create --format='newc' > ../newinitrd)
5. Afterwards I gzipped the newinitrd file. (gzip newinitrd)

I was able to boot the new initrd with the latest stable kernel 4.13.5. Unfortunately partman stops at 50%. Hw-detect isn't the problem. Maybe another script???

Conclusion: Only the partman from the Debian8/Jessie initrd.gz (32-bit) works with our AmigaOnes. It's possible to install Debian 8 and upgrade it to Debian 9/Sid.

Cheers,
Christian

[1] https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/powerpc/20171006-00:12/powerpc64/netboot/