Re: [PPC64] Partman doesn't recognize our partitions

Hi Adrian,

I have tried it with the latest stable kernel 4.13.5 again but unfortunately without any success. Partman stops at 50%. I manually started the "disk-detect" command and it works without any error messages.
I see also all partitions in /proc/diskstats.

Cheers,
Christian

On 06 October 2017 at 6:36PM, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
Hi Adrian,

I have tested the PPC64 ISO from 2017-10-05 with our own stable longterm kernel 4.9.52 [1]. We didn't have any issues with the installer in the past. I just wanted to test your new ISO.

I booted your ISO with the following commands:

On 06 October 2017 at 4:12PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> Can you please elaborate a bit what you mean when you say partman is not recognizing > partitions? What exactly do you see? Does partman list your hard disk at all?

Partman stops at 50%.

Output:

Oct 6 15:53:08 partman:     No matching physical volumes found
Oct 6 15:53:08 partman:     Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...

>   Do you see the partitions when you switch to a shell and list the partitions with
>
>     cat /proc/partitions?

Yes, I see the partitions.

Output:

major minor #blocks name

8    0    1953514504 sda
8    1    119088 sda1
8    2    2100096 sda2
8    3    672670920 sda3
8    4    1278623448    sda4
11    0    231040    sr0
8    16    234431064 sdb
8    17    144364512 sdb1
8    18    1 sdb2
8    19    18500608 sdb3
8    20    40717312 sdb4
8    21    14684160 sdb5
8    22    8274944 sdb6
8    23    7885824 sdb7
8    32    250880 sdc
8    33    250608 sdc1
8    48    30031250    sdd
8    49    262144    sdd1
8    50    14336000 sdd2

> Can you please capture the output of "lspci" and "dmesg" and attach them as > files in your mail? Then I can verify whether your particular hardware is
> currently supported or not and what would be necessary to support it.

Please find attached the output of "lspci" and "dmesg".

Thanks,
Christian

[1] http://www.xenosoft.de/vmlinux-4.9.52-AmigaONE_X1000_X5000.tar.gz (including kernel configs)