Re: New discussion: ppc64 installer -- ext2 /boot partition to keep sabot happy.

It’s comforting that “remove yaboot” only means remove it from unstable.  I did not
understand that point.  Thanks for explaining.

I’ll be glad to test anything you can produce on my G4 desk side machines (a couple of
models you did not list as being in your own stable) as well as the PowerMac G5 7,3 I’ve
been testing on up til now.

Please explain one more time — I’m sorry I haven’t understood the details yet — the
filesystem partitioning requirements for booting a PowerPC machine with Grub.  I’m still
not clear as to how those requirements conflict with the requirements for Yaboot.  Sorry
for being so obtuse!

Thanks!
Rick