Re: Squeeze on Lombard

Dear Michel,

Sorry for taking so long for getting back to you, but I have some moderately
detailed results.

On 04/14/11 07:48, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Don, 2011-04-14 at 07:36 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
>> Dear Michel,

Oh, one correction: the R400 above was a typo. It should have been R300.

>>> What's the problem(s) you're having?
>>
>> Everything is falling back to software rendering and using the CPU to the maximum.
>>
>> Do you want me to show you the output of glxinfo with debug information?
>
> That, and the corresponding Xorg.0.log and dmesg output (at least the
> agp/drm/radeon related messages) should be a start.

OK. I just put a before-and-after comparison on my homepage at:

    http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito/linux/debug-r300/

There you have a description of the notebook, and logs from it running both the
2.6.32 and the 2.6.38 debian kernels.

Please, notice that I have reverted X to the state at stable, but everything
that I said there holds true to the software rendering problem with KMS. When I
use UMS, I get *much* faster framerates in an OpenGL benchmark available in the
repositories (package: globs).

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de