Re: 2.6.39, radeon_bl and pbbuttonsd

Hi, Elimar and others.

On 04/21/11 05:30, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> I am running 2.6.39-rc4. For the backlight control this kernel uses
> /sys/class/backlight/radeon_bl on my PB.

Would you care to share your configuration for 2.6.39-rc*? Up to -rc3, I was
getting some problems (probably, problems with udev, but I don't quite know for
sure).

> Starting pbbuttonsd the cpu_usage gets up much and the backlight dimms to
> nearly 0. Without pbbuttonsd the backlight can be controlled via `echo
> (0-255) >/sys/class/backlight/radeon_bl/brightness` but there is no chance to
> control keyboard illumination, sound et al.

OK, so we have people using pbbuttonsd and, I would guess, its company utilities
(gtkpbbuttons, powerprefs etc.). I see that these were removed from the archive.

Are there any good alternatives to this combo? In particular, how does pmud work
in comparison to pbbuttonsd? I am considering (well, now, for quite some time)
jumping in and maintaining it, if the alternatives are not as good as it.

Regards,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 4096R/BCFCAAAA
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de