Re: installing debian on an: Apple PowerBook G4 550 (Gigabit - Ti)

Rogério Brito escribió:

Can i get to the console from yaboot?
After the blank screen you should be able to switch to console with
Yes, this would usually work. I'm too lazy to check the documentation on
how to use magic SysRq on an Apple keyboard, though.

i have tried all combinations of keys you guys have told me,
with ctrl-alt-del seems to change in brightnes a lot.

so my feeling still is that all works fine, but i just can not see it.
so i would have to type blind all commands to change settings,
wich looks quite hard to achieve.

i think i need to restart form the begining, if theres no better idea

if  i have a clean debian again with no desktop at all as i had,
then i can configure it from the console before installing any desktop.

what do you think?

thanks for the help so far to all,