Re: installing debian on an: Apple PowerBook G4 550 (Gigabit - Ti)

Gunther Furtado escribió:
t now allways starts directly to the blank page after yaboot

You can test the the graphics with the X (capital X) command to get
back to the console type Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.

no luck
i have es-ES (spanish) keyboard so not all keys get to the the place they seem

Can i get to the console from yaboot?

sorry now i dont know how to take a look at
/etc/X11/xorg.conf

in the console you could run

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf

But I think it would result blank. The ugly way to solve this is to
find a LiveCD to copy a working /etc/X11/xorg.conf from or if someone
on the list has a working /etc/X11/xorg.conf for your machine.

An old ubuntu live cd should work

ill try that

>But I think it would result blank. The ugly way to solve this is to
>find a LiveCD to copy a working /etc/X11/xorg.conf from or if someone
>on the list has a working /etc/X11/xorg.conf for your machine.

Check this [1] out. There is a supposingly working xorg.con there. [1] http://theapt.org/openbsd/tibook.html cheers,
ill take a look to that page
thanks

sergio