RE: Need Help with ATI Graphic Card bring up

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 11:55 -0700, Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) wrote:

> [...]

Basically, make sure the int10/VBE initialization calls aren't disabled.

> I did changed the kernel to include x86 bios emulation

Never heard of that... if it does what it sounds like, are you able to
get radeonfb working?

> I thing the driver is able to talk to the card, but not sure, this
> time I am getting segmentation failure.

You'd have to get a backtrace with gdb to see what causes that.

> I have attached the new files, please if you could let me know if I am
> still stuck with BIOS issue?

I'm afraid so:

> (--) RADEON(0): VideoRAM: 8192 kByte (64 bit SDR SDRAM)

I don't think the card has only 8 MB of video RAM? I suspect this is due
to the memory size register being uninitialized as 0, which causes the
driver to assume it's 8 MB (because there were production M6 cards that
incorrectly reported 0 instead of 8 MB). This indicates that the video
BIOS hasn't initialized the card.