Re: Need Help with ATI Graphic Card bring up

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 11:55:15AM -0700, Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) wrote:
> I am working on a legacy system, my last attempt will be to upgrade to X.org.
> However if you do not mind be more specific about what hack in the driver I need.
> I did changed the kernel to include x86 bios emulation and configured the -allowMouseOpenFail (in the XF86Config).
> I thing the driver is able to talk to the card, but not sure, this time I am getting segmentation failure.
> I have attached the new files, please if you could let me know if I am still stuck with BIOS issue?

Your changes to the keyboard section caused an error loading the keyboard
driver. You should probably go back to the previous version of that
section. My suggestion to use "/dev/input/mice" was just for the mouse
section in the file. It looks like you also don't have that since it
gave an error for that as well, which was non-fatal due to the server
flag to ignore mouse failures. You may manually need to create the
entries is /dev for your mouse. Do you have a proper /dev or just the
subset that is commonly used on a rescue disk type environment? With a
2.6 kernel you should probably be using udev to manage /dev.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com