Re: Need Help with ATI Graphic Card bring up

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 17:23 -0700, Brad Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 04:30:58PM -0700, Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) wrote:
> > Sorry it took a while, I had issue to boot the system due to some other reason.
> >
> > I enabled "Virtual Terminal" in the kernel build, and here is the output:
> > root@MPC837xMDS:/etc/X11# XFree86 -help 2>&1|grep -i vt
> > vtXX                   use the specified VT number
> >
> > After that I ran the startx and seems it went furture, however, still it failed.
> > I am using usb mouse and keyboard.
> > I have attached the XFree86 log file and also the config file.
>
> One thing I noticed in the log file is that it couldn't find your
> mouse. You have it configured to use /dev/psaux, but I think a USB
> mouse shows up at /dev/input/mice. I'm sure someone will correct me
> if that is wrong.

/dev/psaux is the same as /dev/input/mice with 2.6 kernels, but of
course it still requires the device node to actually exist, which
doesn't seem the case here. There should be plenty of documentation on
how to configure the mouse properly, and in the meantime you could try
starting the X server with -allowMouseOpenFail to ignore a broken mouse
configuration.

Unfortunately though, it doesn't look like the video driver calls the
video BIOS to initialize the graphics card, so I'm afraid it still won't
work. You may need to try newer X.org releases or hack the driver.