Re: Need Help with ATI Graphic Card bring up
- To: "Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh)" <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Need Help with ATI Graphic Card bring up
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:00:55 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <F795765B112E7344AF36AA9112796415069F1518@xmb-sjc-212.amer.cisco.com>
- References: <F795765B112E7344AF36AA9112796415069F1518@xmb-sjc-212.amer.cisco.com>
On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 15:49 -0700, Bizhan Gholikhamseh (bgholikh) wrote:
> We have an embedded custom board PowerPC board (Freescale).
> I have booted Debian 3.1 (Sarge) on the system running on Linux
> kernel 2.6.23.
> I have an ATI graphic card Radeon 9250 PCI card.
> I would like to run flash application on the graphic card to
> do performance testing on the flash performance on the system.
> I am not able to get anything out of the Graphic card, my assumption
> is XFree86 has x86 emulation and will load appropriate driver module
> for the card.
In theory, yes. Please provide the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
or /etc/X11/xorg.conf file you're using and the /var/log/XFree86.0.log
or /var/log/Xorg.0.log file resulting from trying to start the X server.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://tungstengraphics.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer