Re: Not building for powerpc any more

Don't panic!

I believe this is about a program called "xaralx". The clue is in the bug report <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi? bug=382658> This is still referenced in the first member of this thread to appear in debian-powerpc, but has somehow been dropped from followups. The debian-powerpc thread is a continuation of a thread that originated in a list having to do with xalarax.

If I understand correctly, endian problems prevent xalarax from running correctly on PowerPC (and, presumably any other big-endian processor, such as Sparc or S/370). So they are talking abut not building xalarax for PowerPC (and presumably...) at least until somebody gets around to constructing the necessary patches to xalarax to make it endian independent.

OK? You can breath again... (Unless, of course your breathing depends in a crucial way on xalarax <-; )

Rick

PS: I have no idea what xalarax is or what it does. Sounds like an asthma medicine.