Re: Not building for powerpc any more

Hi list,

I am still a PPC Debian user (for my old G3 laptop), but I mostly run i386 or amd64... I don't have a problem if the mailing list goes, as long as there's still forum support somewhere... Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that some of us PPC users are still around, wishing you all the best !

By the way, I take advantage of this post to express how thrilled I am by the big improvement from Gnash ! It now works well !!! Congrats to the Gnash devs !

2008/4/14, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org>:
Hi,

Am Montag, den 14.04.2008, 19:20 +0200 schrieb Michel Dänzer:

> On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 21:06 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Version: 0.7r1785-2
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I removed powerpc from the list of architectures. On the upstream
> > mailing list I was told that there is little chance that it will be
> > useful on that platform. If you are a powerpc user and tell me
> > different, I'd be glad to learn about it.
> >
> > This opens the way up for xaralx in lenny.
>
> What was the rationale for that? I can't think of any reason why it
> couldn't be useful on powerpc per se...

not per se, but in its current state is has (reportedly, I don't have
powerpc around) too many endianess related bugs and is not usable. Of
course it's just a matter of interested developers fixing that, if
someone feels like working on that, please get in touch with
dev@xaraxtreme.org

Greetings,
Joachim

--