Re: quik 7300 Auto of scan range

On Jan 12 2006, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> Start the installation again. When the installer has detected the
> hardware, get a shell, mount the partition where debian is installed
> and chroot into it.

If you can, after chrooting into the debian system, just install fbset
and use it to know what frequencies it is running. And use dmesg to see
which fbdev is in current use.

And you have the option of telling the kernel to use a given fbdev in
its command-line, if the original poster wants to/gets bootx running.

It also may be the case where the open firmware devices (input-device
and output-device in the OF tree) set at the moment quik is running
aren't supported for the machine.

This has happened to me in the past, but, fortunately, I learned which
device corresponds to the video device and now I don't get anything like
the "frequency not supported" problem.

Regards, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/