Re: quik 7300 Auto of scan range

On 1/11/06, Hans Ekbrand <hans@sociologi.cjb.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 05:56:32PM -0200, Fábio Rabelo wrote:
> > But after that, in the first boot within Sarge, my monitor just shows a
> > msg "scan ou of range" .
> > The noise from HD sugests the boot is going fine, but I can do anything
> > from that on .
>
> OK. But if quik boots alright, then what good would it be to boot with
> BootX instead?

To change quik for bootX

> One simple test is to press Ctrl-alt-delete. If the box reboots, then
> it was properly booted.

After all noise in HD stops, the Ctrl+alt+del restarts the machine yes .

> > I can use bootX in this machine, there are room in HD, but how can I
> > copy a suitable Kernel to MAC OS partition without a normal boot ?
>
> I would use the debian-installer as a rescue system and chroot into
> the installed system and investigate the problem the monitor. If the
> box is connected to a network, I would install ssh so one could ssh
> into it when/if there is no display.
>
> If it turns out that quik does not really boot the box (in spite of
> the sound that you interpreted as a successful boot), then (still
> within the chroot) mount the MacOS partition and copy the kernel +
> initrd to that partition for use with BootX.

The Sarge installer is not finished yet, in the first boot the
installer setup the apt.sources, and then download any update
available , and then I can install anything I want ( like ssh ) so
before it  can not do anything .
The goal is power the machine and never more power off, remove
keyboard and mouse and use ssh/webmin to manage everything .

Fábio Rabelo