Re: quik 7300 Auto of scan range

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 08:14:47PM -0200, Fábio Rabelo wrote:
> > > Well then you might not even have to resolve the display issue, just
> > > install ssh in the chroot and reboot.
> >   Googling around I found this :http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/linux/dev/g3upgrade.html
> > but I do not found any command called "nvsetenv" , there are another
> > way to change OF parameters ?
> > I am almost giving up !
>
> All right, within chroot the command nvsetenv works, but I have no
> idea how to input this parameters !?!
> man nvsetenv is the most confusing I ever see, tells nothing useful .
> Someone can help me with this ?

I use nvsetenv in the following way to set the variables "boot-device"
and "boot-command" to get quik working:

nvsetenv boot-device ata/ATA-Disk@0:0
nvsetenv boot-command "begin ['] boot catch 1000 ms cr again"

I think the code you refered to would into the "nvramrc" variable and
thus be entered like this:

nvsetenv nvramrc "dev /bandit/gc/via-cuda
        ' write value &W
        : -&We &W swap - execute ;
        : P1 4D8 -&We false 548 -&We ;
        &W FC + ' P1 BLpatch
        : P2 0C 2 ms ;
        &W E0 + ' P2 BLpatch device-end"

Or, if you make a file called nvramrc.patch with the following contents:

---------------------------------start of file nvramrc.patch
        dev /bandit/gc/via-cuda
        ' write value &W
        : -&We &W swap - execute ;