Re: quik 7300 Auto of scan range

On 1/12/06, Hans Ekbrand <hans@sociologi.cjb.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 07:48:21AM -0200, Fábio Rabelo wrote:
> > >
> > > OK. But if quik boots alright, then what good would it be to boot with
> I assume the installer finished the first stage (since quik was
> installed, and the system sounds like it boots correctly).
>
> Start the installation again. When the installer has detected the
> hardware, get a shell, mount the partition where debian is installed
> and chroot into it.

I've try ed this, do not works, when I try to install ssh with dpkg (
apt do not work in chroot env ) I get error msg like this "subproccess
pre-installation script returned error exit status 255"

> Did you run base-config during the first stage? If not, do that in the
> chroot, so password is set for root.

Yes, base system installs smoothly

> > The goal is power the machine and never more power off, remove
> > keyboard and mouse and use ssh/webmin to manage everything .
>
> Well then you might not even have to resolve the display issue, just
> install ssh in the chroot and reboot.
  Googling around I found this :http://www.cpu.lu/~mlan/linux/dev/g3upgrade.html
but I do not found any command called "nvsetenv" , there are another
way to change OF parameters ?
I am almost giving up !

Fábio Rabelo