Re: which serious bugs exactly? (Re: if you care about debian on powerpc, please react ...)

Hi,

On Sunday 26 November 2006 15:09, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > currently shiping powerpc hardware are :
> > >   IBM pseries : not really supported, patch sitting without comment
> > > since months, early work lost because of svn commit conflicts.
> > raise the bug severity? which bug#, btw?
>
>   Outstanding bugs -- Normal bugs; Patch Available (1 bug)
>   #394970: finish-install: [powerpc64] Add support for IBM serial consoles
>   (hvc and hvsi)
>   Package: finish-install (finish-install 2.4); Reported by: Sven Luther
>   <luther@debian.org>; Tags: patch; 33 days old

Sven, the last info on this bug is from you, saying that you would test the
patch Frans corrected the coming (and now past) weekend. You didn't post an
update how the test went, so I'm not surprised the patch isn't commited.

How did the test went? Is the patch now fine? Could you please add this
information to the bugreport?! Thanks.

As you mention this bug in this thread under the "powerpc should be removed
because arch support is poor" label (which I still think isn't true), I
wonder if the severity "normal" is correct.

regards,
	Holger