Re: which serious bugs exactly? (Re: if you care about debian on powerpc, please react ...)

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 12:18:54PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 15:45, Alex Fernandez wrote:
> > One of the selling points of Free Software in general, and Debian in
> > particular, is that the people doing the coding are the people in
> > charge.
>
> Right. The people doing the vast majority of work on the debian-installer,
> which runs on 12 architectures, are in charge. Sven is "only" working on the
> powerpc port of it. And he is not the only person working on powerpc in d-i.

I am not the only person working on the powerpc d-i ? Nice to know, i know
Colin does some stuff occasionally, but that is about it. I wish those other
people could have a look at :

  #397973: [powerpci/mac] partman-md appears to not write back the raid flag
  to partitions.

Since i am myself fullly clueless about partman, and despite trying to work
with it and investigate, i was not able to ever find some stuff out of it.
That bug is open since 19 days now, without a single comment.

And Holger, about this, i wish to point you to the thread starting at :

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg01198.html

And in particular my most helpful reply at :

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg01202.html

I am not aware of anyone having worked on any of those issues, apart from
Colin Watson who occasionally handles the kernel .udebs when he has time. And
i fixed the g-i problems with the help of attilio, eddy, and others from this
list, but still graphical d-i will not be officially included in etch d-i for
etch. Maybe you could give a hand with those issues ? Or those others you
mentioned ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther