Re: which serious bugs exactly? (Re: if you care about debian on powerpc, please react ...)

On Sunday 26 November 2006 19:25, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > During installation. How often does one install?
> Well, it does take a while :) Though when I installed mine, the

So you have such a machine :)

Could you please test, if those noisy fans are made silent with d-i RC1 and
with the current daily-builds and tell us the results. (You don't have to do
a full install, the fans should be silent by the time you reach partioning at

If RC1 still has the noisy fans, I'd suggest to link
in the errata and with that tell people how to manually turn the fans silent.