Re: which serious bugs exactly? (Re: if you care about debian on powerpc, please react ...)

Hi,

On Sunday 26 November 2006 19:25, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > During installation. How often does one install?
> Well, it does take a while :) Though when I installed mine, the

So you have such a machine :)

Could you please test, if those noisy fans are made silent with d-i RC1 and
with the current daily-builds and tell us the results. (You don't have to do
a full install, the fans should be silent by the time you reach partioning at
latest...)

If RC1 still has the noisy fans, I'd suggest to link
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/packages/rootskel/src/lib/debian-installer-startup.d/S05fancontrol-linux-powerpc?op=file&sc=1
in the errata and with that tell people how to manually turn the fans silent.

regards,
	Holger