Re: PowerMac G4 : how to enable the server mode ?

> > I'm pretty sure the decision to disable autoboot on shutdown was a design
> > decision. If you want a shutdown followed by automatic powerup, you should
> > have used reboot.
>
> Except on power failures...

On power failures, the system won't have a regular shutdown, usually. So
the server mode flag stays set.

If you're talking about shutdown scheduled because of an imminent power
failure, a kernel boot option won't help (and the comment in the code
still applies: the box will come right back up).

	Michael