Re: PowerMac G4 : how to enable the server mode ?

> > Yes, it's disabled if you do a shutdown tho.
> >

> They would be cool if that could be a parameter to be passed to the
> kernel in the configuration of Yaboot.

I'm pretty sure the decision to disable autoboot on shutdown was a design
decision. If you want a shutdown followed by automatic powerup, you should
have used reboot.

That's not to say a kernel parameter cannot be added. Look at
arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_32.c for examples. Look at
drivers/macintosh/via-pmu.c for the following enlightening comment:

        if (pmu_kind != PMU_KEYLARGO_BASED) {
                pmu_request(&req, NULL, 2, PMU_SET_INTR_MASK, PMU_INT_ADB |
                                                PMU_INT_TICK );
                pmu_wait_complete(&req);
        } else {
                /* Disable server mode on shutdown or we'll just
                 * wake up again
                 */
                pmu_set_server_mode(0);
        }

You could do that, but you wouldn't like the result too much.

	Michael