Re: PowerMac G4 : how to enable the server mode ?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
I found this through Rich Johnson, the maintainer of the "autoboot"
utility...... and I've just pulled plug on one of our G4 servers and lo!
the server_mode=1 survived the reboot.  It also remains after a
conventional reboot.

Yes, it's disabled if you do a shutdown tho.

They would be cool if that could be a parameter to be passed to the kernel in the configuration of Yaboot.

Does somebody know a kernel developer?  :o)

|              FREDERIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic@juliana-multimedia.com   |