Re: Problems with Dial-up on Old World Mac

jrolland@wiremail.org wrote:
> > If this USR is a sportster, that is an init string that you need to give
> > it
> > or you will run into problems like this.  I don't remember what it was off
> > the top of my head, but it is the modem (according to past experiences
> > with
> > USR modems)
>
> It is indeed a sportster.. If you could remember the init string or tell
> me where to look it up, I would be eternally grateful.

Here is the string I used on a 56k sportster at work:
AT&F&C1&D2S11=50&B1

I believe &B1 is the part that makes it work for me.  S11=50 makes the modem
dial as fast as it can.  You may not want this especially if your phone co
can't handle it.

You should verify the commands with the manual before blindly using the one
I gave you.

 Got Gas???