Re: suspend to ram/disk

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 02:53:45PM +0200, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 11:08:43 +0200
> Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > Unfortunately the keyboard and trackpad configuration would be lost if you
> > limit your activities to a single ioctl(). Additionally you need to save
> > the keyboard and trackpad configuration and restore them after wakeup.
>
> Do you know if this is generic for all powerbooks? Or generic for all machines
> that have your type of keyboard and trackpad? How do you save that info?

I believe the problem is specific to ADB input devices. The right way
to do it would be to fix the ADB drivers in the kernel, but noone is
going to ask that of you. The pbbutons project on sourceforge would
be a good place to look for code to set the various magic bits in the
ADB devices on older powerbooks. The more recent powerbooks use USB
for internal input and shouldn't suffer from this issue, although I
could be wrong on that part. I don't have one that recent.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com