Re: pbbuttons with sysfs backlight support

Hallo Matthias,

Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:23:31 +0000 (UTC)
> Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:
>
>> cvs checkout: nothing known about pbbuttons/pbbuttonsd/NEWS
>
> This is really strange because NEWS *is* in the repository. Did you
> configure your CVS not to get files with zero length?

I did not configure CVS—this might be the problem.

>> With an empty NEWS ./autgen.sh reaches the end, but now dpkg-buildpackage
>> fails.
>
> The error log you attached didn't tell me anything and I don't know
> what's wrong here. Did configure run without errors or warnings?

Yes, configure runs without any errors and warnings.

> Sorry for this insufficient answer but I prefer to spend my time to
> develop pbbuttonsd rather than the GNU autotools. They should
> simply work. ;-)

Yes, they should. :-) Frank Lichtenheld built new packages for Debian. I
use these and pbbuttons and gtkpbbuttons work good.

Have a nice weekend, Jörg.
--
MCSE = Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert