Re: suspend to ram/disk

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 22:11:46 +0200
Tim Dijkstra <newsuser@famdijkstra.org> wrote:

> Do you need also need to do all these weird quirks to get your graphics
> card to get out of sleep (vbetool, radeontool and the like)?
> I saw some code flying around doing some ioctl()s on /dev/pmu. Is that
> all you need to safely s2ram?

I use a G3 PowerBook with a ATI R128 Mobility graphics chip and one ioctl()
is all I need to suspend the machine (s2ram).

Unfortunately the keyboard and trackpad configuration would be lost if you
limit your activities to a single ioctl(). Additionally you need to save
the keyboard and trackpad configuration and restore them after wakeup.

 Best Regards
   Matthias