Re: Need HowTo to solve Ubuntu Breezy PPC system freeze at login on G5.

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> I know that - but you did rise to the challenge nicely WRT sound.

:)

> Thermal
> is Ben's turf, and the archive should have some clues there as well (such
> as manually loading the required modules). Talking from memory here, I
> have no G5 and no intention to research this any deeper.

On my quad it works perfectly so I don't have much incentive to code
something for a machine I can't even test for and I can't use. With sound,
I did that of course, but only after my machines all worked ;>

> IRQ rewrite, you said ... did this already affect 2.6.17 release, or start
> in -rc1? I have odd crashes and hangs that seem related to mouseemu in
> 2.6.17, and see no changes in the event device code to explain this.

No, all 2.6.18 material. I haven't ever used mouseemu so can't really help
you there, sorry.

johannes