Re: Need HowTo to solve Ubuntu Breezy PPC system freeze at login on G5.

> Yes!!! The problem was apparently the module. I commented the module
> out of /etc/modules from a live CD and then booted into the system. I
> was able to login and update the system to the latest packages and
> kernel in Breezy. I now have a more or less functioning system to
> boot into!
>
> The question is what I can do to solve the problem with the sound

Search the debian-powerpc list archives for messages relating to sound and
G5 - ISTR there is a new sound driver in the works that supports the G5
and newer G4 machines. If that doesn't solve it, build the kernel with as
many debugging options enabled as you can, and post the crash logs.

> module. I am also experiencing problems with thermal control (even
> after upgrading the kernel). I have never tried to compile a kernel

Same thing - work in progress IIRC. BenH and Johannes Berg are the names
that come to mind here.

	Michael