Re: bcm43xx finally working, with encryption too!!!

Broadcom 43xx driver & softmac working here on a 2004 Albook 15"

I had to set 'iwconfig eth1 rate 11M' to even ping my router - it seems
that this card will not operate at full 54M speed.

DHCP does not seem to be working - I read reports of people running
scans before running dhclient eth1 but this does not seem to work for
me. I am using a static IP.

Also - I had to manually set my AP MAC with iwconfig ap XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
because some how iwconfig eth1 reported Access Point: Invalid, although
the ESSID was correctly set.

PROBLEM - connection drops every few minutes - i have to ifdown / ifup
eth1 and add a default route back into my routing table to get my
internet connection back online. Anyone noticed this? Suggestions?

I have not tested WEP / WPA.