Trouble getting bcm43xx driver to work

I am close to having the bcm43xx driver working but I am now stuck and could
really do with some pointers.

THE SHORT VERSION:
1. I have successfully built and installed bcm43xx, ieee80211softmac and
bcm43xx-fwcutter (one error extracting firmware file bcm43xx_microcode11.fw).
These are the latest daily snapshots (20060102)

2. I can manually "ifconfig ethX up" the wireless interface and see my very
open wireless network with "iwlist ethX scan".

3. SoftMac seems to associate (from dmesg output).

4. dhclient ethX fails to get an IP address but I can manually set an IP
address (in the correct range) with ifconfig.

5. I can not ping my wireless AP/router. Ping returns "Destination Host
Unreachable" even though my route table looks OK:
"Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
192.168.73.0    *               255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eth2"

Does anyone have any ideas, pointers or RTFMs??