Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 02:18:07AM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> > Remember the debian kernel is generic for all powerpc plateforms, from
> > old world to prep boxes, to powerbooks to the last 32bit IBM chrps and
> > the genesi pegasos machine, so there is a bit more constraints here,
> > but it is assuredly doable.
>
> I thought that the kernel in the miboot floppies were specific just to
> OldWorld machines. And you already have many flavours of it being built.
>
> I understand that the kernels have to be generic, but, say, including
> one specific feature of a pegasos machine in a miboot floppy isn't
> something that I would expect (even if it can be offloaded to a
> ramdisk).

Sven, didn't you say a while ago a flavour more or less doesn't matter
(when discussing ppc64 kernels)?  I think a special oldworld kernel
might be useful for these bootfloppies indeed.