Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Aug 20 2005, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Keep in mind that the *next* kernel will be even bigger.  Sooner or
> later, even the fully modularized minimum configuration isn't going
> fit on a single floppy.

There is current discussion on the lkml discussing which kernels one
should use with small systems (like old 486s and such) and the consensus
seems to be that one should use either a 2.6 kernel (perhaps using some
of the linux-tiny patches) or use a really ancient kernel.

I would say that if more of the linux-tiny patches were incorporated in
the mainline kernel, then it would be a really nice addition.

Regards,

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/