Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 05:00:44AM -0300, Rog?rio Brito wrote:
> On Aug 18 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I was forced to disable the floppy builds for now, since they failed to
> > build, and the 2.6.12 kernels are 200K too big anyway for miboot
> > floppies, we need to find out how to make them smaller, and solve the
> > non-freeness of miboot for the etch release.
>
> Humm, this is indeed a problem. :-( The non-freeness of miboot is a
> secondary problem in face of not having a way to install the operating
> system on the box. :-(

The kernel don't fit anyway, and you can always use the sarge miboot floppies,
or older daily builds and then upgrade, or use bootx with the normal installation,
or even boot the .cofg kernel from OF directly.

Friendly,

Sven Luther