Re: Ibook on debian

Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
Hello,
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 04:47:27PM +0200, Arne Caspari wrote:

I had Debian running for a long time on my iBook and had all kinds of problems which required a lot of googling and hours to solve. Now with Ubuntu, (almost) everything works just fine.

Did you file bug reports after solving the issues? (I don't see any
listed from this email-account, though).

I do not think it is usefull to file bug reports to get the iBook-sleep patches work reliably or to solve dependency problems when installing packages from unstable and testing branches to get the latest GNOME to work.

Also I do not think it is required to file bug reports when a single switch of the distribution solves 90% of all bugs.

 /Arne