Re: Still Deadlock problem with pbbuttonsd 0.6.10?

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:04:49PM +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> Does anybody know if the PMU trackpad programming sequence is still the
> same at new Powerbooks? Does the utility 'trackpad' from the pmu-utils
> work for you? Maybe we have a race condition in latest kernels becasue
> the trackpad programming sequence initiated from user space is not
> atomic.

I don't have one of the new models with the USB trackpad to test it, but
there is very little chance that the trackpad utility works on them. The
last version of the source for that program I read does some low level
stuff with the ADB protocol by sending raw ADB packets using /dev/adb. It
is very specific to the ADB trackpad device and pokes magic values into
ADB registers to control the current mode.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com