Re: Still Deadlock problem with pbbuttonsd 0.6.10?

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 09:29:35AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:47:05PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >  My lockups were all on battery power, mostly reading mail via ssh to
>
> Yes, I confirm that on my laptop as well. After upgrading to latest
> pbbuttonsd I used the laptop for a whole day without crashes. Then, I
> started using it on battery power and the crashes happened 3 times, all
> on battery power.

I can confirm this too. I have NoTapTyping enabled, I'll check if
disabling it fixes the problem. In my case all freezes where on AC power
and they happend when I clicked a button on my external USB mouse, after
running about 1-2 hours.
When starting pbbuttonsd I see "WARNING: Can't install PMU input
handler. Some functionality may be missing." in the syslog. Looking at
the code it seems that MAXINPUTS is too small. I don't know if these two
things are related.

My machine is a PowerBook3,2 (Titanium 500Mhz).

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.