Re: pre-release 2.6.11-0.1 debian/powerpc kernel.

Hello Gabriel,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 12:29:33AM +0100, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:18:46PM +0000, Jochen Voss wrote:
> > 3) the "fn" key emits no scan code
> >
> >   I tried "showkey -s" on the console.  Pressing "fn" does not result
> >   in any output.
>
> It has never emitted any scan code on any Mac with an
> ADB keyboard. Its state is kept internally.
I am still a very fresh mac owner and so I have no idea what ADB
keyboard stands for.  Mine seems internally to be connected via USB,
if this is relevant.

My problem is: "fn" has no effect at all on my machine.  It is fine
for me if it emits no scan code, but then it would be quite useful if
"fn-up" would emit a different scan code from "up".  Currently it does
not do this.

> Of course, people with a newer PowerBook would not
> care, they just use two fingers...
Well, I have one of these newer PowerBooks, but then the trackpad
does not work under Linux :-(

> >   - graphics seem to work, so maybe the following is harmless?
> >
> > 	radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): Invalid ROM signature 303 should be0xaa55
>
> Some overeager PC-only hacker that believes that god intended
> all processors to be x86-compatible :-(. 0303 is Open Firmware
> signature, meaning that the ROM contains FCode AFAIR; 0xaa55 is
> for PC Bioses, implying binary x86 code.
Thanks for the clarification.

All the best,
Jochen
--