Re: pre-release 2.6.11-0.1 debian/powerpc kernel.

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:18:46PM +0000, Jochen Voss wrote:
> Hello Sven,
>
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 07:49:38PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I am in the process of uploading a pre-release 2.6.11 debian/powerpc
> > kernel to
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.6.11-0.1
> >
> > And altough it is not yet fully ready to be uploaded (mostly because
> > kernel-source-2.6.11 needs cleaning up a bit yet), i would encourage you to
> > try it out and give me feedback on it.
>
> I gave it a try on my very recent Apple powerbook G4.  Information
> about my machine, dmesg output etc.  can be found at
> http://seehuhn.de/comp/powerbook/2.6.11-0.1/ .  The following things
> did not work:
>
> 3) the "fn" key emits no scan code
>
>   I tried "showkey -s" on the console.  Pressing "fn" does not result
>   in any output.

It has never emitted any scan code on any Mac with an
ADB keyboard. Its state is kept internally.

What I'd like, but I don't have a new PowerBook, is to
make fn modify the trackpad behaviour to a scrollwheel.
There is a small MacOS X application that does
this and it's quite nifty.

Of course, people with a newer PowerBook would not
care, they just use two fingers...

>   - graphics seem to work, so maybe the following is harmless?
>
> 	radeonfb (0000:00:10.0): Invalid ROM signature 303 should be0xaa55

Some overeager PC-only hacker that believes that god intended
all processors to be x86-compatible :-(. 0303 is Open Firmware
signature, meaning that the ROM contains FCode AFAIR; 0xaa55 is
for PC Bioses, implying binary x86 code.

>   - no idea about this:
>
> 	ohci1394: fw-host0: Unexpected PCI resource length of 1000!

No idea either, but I'd bet that it is harmless.

	Regards,
	Gabriel