Re: Airport Extreme via QEmu
- To: debian-ppc <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Wee-Jin Goh <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Airport Extreme via QEmu
- From: Maximilian Gerlach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:53:41 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20050305181131.GA24312@kamaji> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> Does Darwin have drivers for Airport Extreme? I thought that they
> didn't. There were only the closed source Apple drivers that are
> available only for Mac OS X.
Well, Wee-Jin, it's the same situation as with the Windows NDIS drivers.
You have closed source drivers for a non-Linux kernel. To use them you
have to write a wrapper module. ndiswrapper for microsoft windows
kernels and <hopefully to be written> for the darwin kernel..