Re: Powerbook produces a lot more heat after kernel upgrade

Timo Reimerdes wrote:
Could is be something related to hard-drive activity? Or is the
processor just doing more work? did the powernowd change?

This is without running any frequency scaling at all (no powernod, cpydyn, or cpufreqd), and also without spinning down the hard drive. It's a bit of a mystery to me, I looked through the changelog for the kernel between 2.6.7 and 2.6.8 and didn't find anything obviously related to something like this.

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/