Re: Powerbook produces a lot more heat after kernel upgrade

On 26 Nov 2004 at 12h11, Timo Reimerdes wrote:

Hi,

> Hm... I havent researched it but I said to a friend of mine about 15
> minutes ago "somehow the temperature management seems to get worse". *g*
> In other words - I had the same feeling. (Running Ubuntu 2.6.8.1 now -
> preparing to test the sleep patch)

The fan driver never changed the way it works between its inclusion (around
2.6.2 iirc) and 2.6.10-rc2, so it's not temperature management related.

Since 2.6.10-rc2 however, it now works by incrementing fan speed step
by step according to the temperature. Try it, maybe works better.
--
Colin