Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

Federico Gamio <federico@gamio.net> writes:
> Ben,
>
> I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but when I suspend to ram
> and resume, all the stuff works, but when I try to play any video
> (mplayer, vlc and xine) it shows like when you select an empty air
> channel in you TV, but in green :).

I forgot to check this earlier, but actually Ben's patch version 4 fixes this
problem. If it makes any difference, I am using xorg 6.8.

There is a still an issue where it won't resume properly while playing a video
though. That is, if I sleep in the middle of a video, the machine resumes okay,
but the screen is black until I either quit mplayer or press 'f' to switch
between fullscreen and windowed, then it updates the display okay. (This test
must be done with "-ao null", because the PCM audio streams are not yet being
resumed correctly.)

cheers,

John