Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 16:33 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 03:25 -0200, Federico Gamio wrote:

> > > It's usually quite complicated ... I wouldn't know how to explain things
> > > in an email list that...
> > >
> > > Have you tried pristine 2.6.9 with my patch and no pbbuttonsd nor pmud
> > > (just using snooze -f) ?
> >
> > Done Ben, and guess what?
> > It works.
> > The problem is solved when you don't apply swsusp patch.
> > So, you can't apply swsusp patch if you want suspend to ram in
> > Powerbooks :)
>
> Yup, I need to do some serious cleanup on the swusp stuff one of these
> days so it doesn't conflict.

Ben,

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but when I suspend to ram
and resume, all the stuff works, but when I try to play any video
(mplayer, vlc and xine) it shows like when you select an empty air
channel in you TV, but in green :).
I repeated this test, and I can play any video, until I use sleep to ram
function... then I have to reboot to use it again.
I suppose that something in the Ati 9600 is not setup properly in the
sleep to ram process.

Regards

--
My software never has bugs.       | ASCII Ribbon Campaign         /"\
It just develops random features. | For Standards-Complaint Email \ /