Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 03:25 -0200, Federico Gamio wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 15:49 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 02:40 -0200, Federico Gamio wrote:
> >
> > > One simple question.
> > > Haw can I debug the sleep process or wakeup process?
> >
> > It's usually quite complicated ... I wouldn't know how to explain things
> > in an email list that...
> >
> > Have you tried pristine 2.6.9 with my patch and no pbbuttonsd nor pmud
> > (just using snooze -f) ?
>
> Done Ben, and guess what?
> It works.
> The problem is solved when you don't apply swsusp patch.
> So, you can't apply swsusp patch if you want suspend to ram in
> Powerbooks :)

Yup, I need to do some serious cleanup on the swusp stuff one of these
days so it doesn't conflict.

> Right now it works with snooze -f and with pbbuttonsd
> Well, almost perfect piece of linux hardware :), one thing less that
> doesn't work, right now my list is
>   - 3D support

That is quite hopeless for now too ... well, we'll see.. some people are
working on reverse engineering the R300 3D stuff, dunno if they'll go
very far. There is the possibility that in the future, ATI releases a
binary driver for PPC too, but I wouldn't hold by breath at this point.

>   - Airport (no hope)

Yes, very little hope unless somebody with skills & lots of time on his
hands start syping the IO accesses done by the MacOS one to write a
linux one.

>   - Modem

Little chances there too.

--