Re: Laptop Mode

On 25/09/2004 at 23:53 +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:

> > I also know this, I've fine tuned all the daemons so that they don't
> > make superfluous (cache-miss) reads that cause too frequent spin-ups.

> Care to post this fine tuning?

I absolutely would if it was something like a "magic receipt", it's a
matter of knowing the services you've running and tweak it's
configuration a bit.

When I did this (long time ago) I followed *more or less* the guidelines
of this article:

It's two years old, and it does not talk about laptop-mode at all. But
the ideas in it are perfectly valid.

But as I've already said, every system is different (as it will have
different daemons running). You have to watch/tune all of them one by

Private mail is preferred encrypted: