Re: Laptop Mode

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 10:27:05AM +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 14. September 2004 18:05 schrieb Bryan Forbes:
> > I've installed laptop-mode-tools and started it up, but when I switch to

To be clear, bryan installed the 'laptop-mode-tools' package.

> > battery, it doesn't switch laptop mode on (cat /proc/sys/vm/laptop_mode
> > returns 0, and it should return 2 if it's on laptop mode).  Do I need to
> > install a hook to turn on laptop-mode when pmud detects I go to battery
> > and vice-versa for ac?  Thanks in advance!
>
> The laptop-mode-tools don't run out-of-the-box on powerpc machines yet. You
> need to make the connection from laptop-mode-tools to your power management
> daemon by hand. In your case you have to add some lines in pwctrl-local:

This is WRONG.

laptop-mode-tools works out of the box on all architectures. The main
purpose of the package is to set the laptop-mode automatically (to
integrate it in debian).

In Bryan case, I am not sure. Perhaps '/etc/init.d/laptop-mode start'
needs to be invoked once if he has not restarted his computer since he
installed laptop-mode-tools.

Christophe