Re: Laptop Mode

On 15/09/2004 at 20:04 +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:

> IMHO laptop-mode is a dynamic option that must adapt to changing conditions.
> This can only be done in conjunction with a power management daemon.

You're right.

> Anything else doesn't make much sense.

Nope, this is not true (at least for me :-).

I use laptop-mode on my iBook and I "start" it with a /etc/init.d
script.

I want it running *all the time* (regardless if I'm on battery or on AC
adapter) because I use it to lower a bit the temperature of the hard
disk.

So, I don't want any daemon of any kind to play with my laptop-mode
settings.

Just my 2¢

--
Kiko