Re: dual 1.8GHz G5 broken? (was: Installing on a dual G5)

>> First off, I have a dual 1.8 GHz G5.

> Then it's the entry-level model of the new product line.  That
> explains a lot.  There may be a whole lot of pitfalls lurking in
> there,

I have a dual 1.8G G5 too, but I get the behaviour described by Jens:
it boots but hangs around floppy detection (more precisely, I got that
behaviour a few of weeks ago before leaving that machines for the
summer). I reported the problem to this list and as a bug, and got a
reply a few days later that it was fixed. So it does not appear to be
a 1.8G vs 2G issue.